||The group’s main objections to the proposed development include the following:
- Keyworth residents don’t want another supermarket - the Village Plan survey identified overwhelming opposition (88% of 1612 responses) to a new large supermarket in the village
- Noise and disruption until late evening in a residential area
- Inappropriate location - a residential area outside the village centre isn’t a sensible place for a supermarket
- Increased traffic and, in particular, lorries. Selby Lane is a fairly narrow road near to schools, playgroups and play areas – our children’s safety could be at risk.
- A large supermarket may put smaller local shops out of business and ruin our shopping areas (Keyworth Square, Wolds Drive shops etc)
- Loss of site for residential development. The site was originally earmarked for sheltered accommodation for the elderly – a priority in Keyworth.
- The proposed store is totally out of character with the surrounding buildings
- The proposed store is in close proximity to proposed extension to the Conservation Area